[Vortraege] Vortragsankündigungen der komm. Woche (KW 48)

Dekanat für Mathematik dekanat.mathematik at univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 21 13:08:26 CET 2008

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei die Vortragsankündigungen für die nächste Woche, im Anhang finden
Sie den Text auch als PDF Datei.

Mittwoch, 26. November, 15:00 Uhr bis 15:45 Uhr, C 209, UZA 4
Mathematisches Kolloquium
Prof. Dr. D. Spirn (University of Minnesota)
„Jacobians and convergence of energies“
Abstract: Many models from material science follow from a free energy
and contain a distinguishing length scale. Such models include
superconductivity, superfluids, micromagnetics, among others. Under
certain limits of the length scale, the energy becomes a harmonic map
with singularities. I will discuss how understanding the limiting
behavior of these energies is related to understanding the Jacobian of
the underlying function. I will then discuss some applications of these
results to problems arising from material science.

(Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Adrian Constantin)

15:45 Uhr bis 16:15 Uhr: K&K im Common Room

16:00 Uhr c.t. bis 17:00 Uhr, C 209, UZA 4
Prof. Dr. Anatoly Vershik (St. Petersburg State University, Department
of Mathematics and Mechanics)
„Fifty years of entropy: Some new development”

(Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler)

Dienstag, 25. November, 11:15 Uhr bis 12:45 Uhr, 2A180, UZA 2
Complex Analysis Seminar
Dr. Jean-Charles Sunye (Université de Rouen)
„On formal maps between generic submanifolds in complex space“
Abstract: I will talk about formal mappings between generic submanifolds
in complex space of same dimension. We will see the different conditions
on submanifolds which allows us to obtain the convergence of formal
mappings and the convergence of the reflection function associated to a
formal mapping. The Artin approximation problem will also be discussed.

Dienstag, 25. November, 15:00 Uhr, D 103
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Biomathematik
Dr. Holger Teismann (Wolfville, N.S.)
„Population dynamics and control of mite infestations in apple orchards”

Dienstag, 25. November, ab 13:15 bis Donnerstag, 27. November, WPI –
Wolfgang Pauli Institute, Seminar Room C 714, Nordbergstr. 15, 1090 Wien
Workshop on “Applied Analysis and Fast Computation in Phase-space 2008”
[Part 2]
Links: http://www.univie.ac.at/nuhag-php/event/make.php?event=ws-wpi08-2
http://www.univie.ac.at/nuhag-php/program/index.php?event=ws-wpi08-2
Änderungen vorbehalten!
Organisers: Mauser Norbert (Uni Wien und WPI), Agis Athanassoulis (INRIA
and WPI),
Hans-Georg Feichtinger (Uni Wien and NuHAG)

Freitag, 28. November, 12:15 Uhr, Technische Universität Wien, Institut
für Diskrete Mathematik und Geometrie, Freihaus, 4., Wiedner Hauptstraße
8-10/5, gr. Zone,  SR 104
Algebra Seminar
Dr. Vladimir Sekan
„Varianten des Auswahlaxioms und der Satz von Tychonoff

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Margit Honkisz