[Vortraege] Vortragsankuendigungen der kommenden Woche (KW 25)

Dekanat für Mathematik dekanat.mathematik at univie.ac.at
Fri Jun 13 13:02:52 CEST 2008

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei die Vortragsankündigungen für kommende Woche:

26. Mai 2008 bis 6. Juli 2008, ESI – Erwin Schrödinger Institut,
Boltzmanng. 9

ESI – Programm

„Hyperbolic Dynamical Systems“

Anbei Attachment: Programm Week 4

http://www.math.bme.hu/~walzer/programme.htm

Dienstag, 17. Juni 2008, HS D1.03, UZA 4

Arbeitsgemeinschaft Biomathematik

15:00 Uhr: Ulrich Berger (Wien)

“Indirect reciprocity, first-order assessment rules, and evolutionary
stability”

Dienstag, 17. Juni 2008, Institut für Diskrete Mathematik und Geometrie,
TU Wien, „kleiner Seminarraum“, Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10, 1040 Wien,
Turm A, 5. Stock

WAS Wiener Algebra Seminar

11:30 Uhr: Miroslav Haviar (M Bel University, Banská Bystrica, Slovak
Republic)

„Full dualities and coloured ordered sets“
(joint work with Brian Davey and Jane Pitkethly)

Abstract: We study the lattice of finite-level full dualities for
bounded distributive lattices based on the three-element chain. Using
Priestley duality, we establish a correspondence between the alter egos
that fully dualise the three-element chain at the finite level and
special enriched ordered sets, which we call ’coloured ordered sets’.
Then we can use combinatorial arguments to show that the studied lattice
is uncountable. We also show that it is non-modular. The complexity of
the lattice is somewhat surprising, given that the corresponding
lattice for the two-element bounded lattice has only size 1. This is the
first thorough investigation into the structure of an infinite lattice
of finite-level full dualities.

Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2008, C 209

Dissertantenkolloquium

(Kaffeejause um 17:00 im Common Room)
17:15 Uhr: Katharina Brazda (University of Vienna)

„The Free oscillations of the Earth“
Abstract: The earth's free oscillations or normal modes can be
understood as standing seismic waves within the body of the earth. For a
uniformly rotating, self-gravitating, anelastic, and aspherical earth
model, the displacement associated to wave motion within the earth is
the solution of a system of integro- (or pseudo-) differential equations
and boundary conditions, with coefficients (or symbols) depending on the
distribution of density and elastic parameters. After an elementary
introduction into global seismology, I will discuss these equations and
outline how they are derived based on a variational principle. Since the
material parameters of the earth are far to be smooth functions, a key
problem is to find a realistically low level of regularity in which the
calculations still hold. In the second part of my talk I will focus on
the spectral properties of the involved operators. Finally I will
comment on the asymptotic equality of normal modes and surface or body
waves, corresponding to a microlocal picture of the equations of motion
and boundary conditions.

Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2008, Wolfgang Pauli Institut, Seminar Room 101C, 4
Fl., TU Wien, Wiedner Hauptstraße 8, 1040 Wien

WK Student Seminar

15:00 Uhr: Meyer Georg

„Unsteady Transonic Viscous Inviscid Interactions in Narrow Channels /
Nozzles“

Abstract: In many technical applications, e.g. flows in transonic
diffusers, flow situations occur where a shock generated in a supersonic
flow regime, where viscous effects are negligible for large Reynolds
numbers, interacts with a viscous boundary layer at a wall eventually
leading to flow separation. A formulation of the resulting unsteady
viscous inviscid interaction problem for laminar flows by means of
asymptotic analysis will be given under the requirement that the channel
is sufficiently narrow so that the flow outside the viscous wall layers
becomes one-dimensional in the leading order approximation. In the
following several numerical approaches for the time integration of the
governing system of PDEs (implicit Lax-Wendroff scheme, method of lines:
implicit Euler scheme and TR-BDF2 scheme) will be discussed.

15:00 Uhr: Kornfeld Matthias

„Three dimensional transonic laminar interacting boundary layers in
narrow channels“

Abstract: Steady three dimensional transonic flows through channels so
narrow that the classical boundary layer approach fails are considered.
Under the requirement that the channel is sufficiently narrow so that
the flow outside the viscous wall layers becomes two dimensional to the
leading order. The resulting interaction problem is formulated, by using
asymptotic analysis for large Reynolds numbers.

Freitag , 20. Juni 2008, Kleiner Seminarraum 104 (Vienna University of
Technology, Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10, 1040 Wien, Freihaus, fifth floor,
green zone).

Algebra Seminar

12:15 Uhr: Nebojsa Mudrinski

Noch eine allgemeine Information:
Es wird (von Prof. Feichtinger) empfohlen, den Austrian Talk-Server f.
Mathematik als Bookmark auf der privaten Homepage einzurichten, und in
der laufenden Probephase eventuelle Probleme oder Maengel an Herrn Dr.
Mayer (man.mayer at aon.at) zu melden. Mittelfristig sollte der Talk-Server
die Zentrale Informationsquelle sind, wo alle math. Events Oesterreichs
laufend aktuell und uebersichtlich aufgelistet zu finden sind.

Link: MathTalksAustria - ÖsterreichischerVortragsserver:
http://ats.mat.univie.ac.at:3000/home/this_week

Mit herzlichen Grüßen
und ein schönes Wochenende!