[PLing] 2 PhD positions / teaching & research associate / 6 years
nadine.thielemann at wu.ac.at
Wed Apr 24 11:37:55 CEST 2019
wir würden uns sehr freuen, wenn Sie die Ausschreibung unten auch an Ihren Institutionen verbreiten würden.
The Institute for Slavic Languages is currently inviting applications for two 30 hours/week Teaching and Research Associate positions (pre-doc,employee subject to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff - Angestellte/r gemäß Kollektivvertrag für die Arbeitnehmer/innen der Universitäten; minimum gross monthly salary, paid 14 times per year: Euro 2,148.38, recognition of previous employment - if relevant to the advertised position - possible). This employee position will be limited to a period of 6 years, starting on October 1, 2019 (commencement date subject to change).
Please note that under the terms of the WU personnel development plan, the position of Teaching and Research Associate is limited to an employment period of not more than six years. Applicants who are already employed at WU as substitute employees can therefore only be employed for the time remaining to complete the six-year period. Persons who have already been employed at WU in a Teaching and Research Associate position can only be re-employed in an Assistant Professor, tenure track position.
· Completing a PhD thesis in inter-/ cross-cultural business communication, incl. publications and presentation of research at conferences
· Contributing to the research projects of the Institute (incl. preparation of funding proposals, editing volumes and acquisition, preparation and management of data)
· Teaching of and collaborating in the development of courses and course-materials in intercultural (business) communication (English and / or German as language of instruction) and intercultural trainings; candidates with excellent/near-native competence of Russian might possibly also teach courses in Russian business communication
· Contributing to the Institute's administrative and organisational tasks
· M.A. in linguistics (or a related discipline), with a focus on applied linguistics
· Training in interactional linguistics/conversation analysis (incl. transcription); experience in video-based analysis is desired
· Competence of the following languages: very good command of English and furthermore of Russian and / or another Slavic language (in particular Polish, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian or Ukrainian)
· Intermediate German language skills (B1 or higher) would be desirable; any additional language (e.g. Bulgarian, Romanian) constitutes a plus
· Willingness to do a PhD at WU (PhD programme in "Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften") and to write a thesis on communication in the workplace with an intercultural/multilingual or cross-cultural focus incl. Slavic data (e.g. communication in migrants' businesses in Vienna, care-migration from CEE to Austria and its communicative challenges, comparative analysis of meeting talk, communicative strategies in international projects); please include a research proposal (max. 2-pages incl. references, in English)
· Candidates meeting these criteria are encouraged to contact the Chair (Thielemann, Nadine <nadine.thielemann at wu.ac.at<mailto:nadine.thielemann at wu.ac.at>>) in advance.
Reference Number: 3921
Application materials can be submitted online until may 22, 2019.
Online application <https://bach.wu.ac.at/z/va/aac/er_admin/form_html?aussc=3921&txt=Teaching%20and%20Research%20Associate>
Univ. Prof. Dr. Nadine Thielemann
Institute for Slavic Languages
Department of Foreign Language Business Communication
WU - Vienna University of Economics and Business
Welthandelsplatz 1, Gebäude D2, Eingang D, Büro 3.194
1020 Wien/Vienna, Austria
e-mail: nadine.thielemann at wu.ac.at<mailto:nadine.thielemann at wu.ac.at>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PLing