[pca] Mixed results

Jones, Eric CIV SRF 1236 Eric.Jones at srf.navy.mil
Thu Dec 16 01:21:04 CET 2010

I have been looking for those 2 patch numbers but haven't found them in
my servers yet.
After checking a few more I'm getting hits of 2 successful here, 4 on
another, 2 more somewhere else etc... But the patch numbers are not the
same.
The logs are also stating that there was an attempt to install a patch
for software not installed on the box; However, I also see 401 errors
related to the failed patch.
So somewhat this is consistent with what normally happens with patching
for me except for the high count of successful downloads but failed
installs.
14, 15, 18 successful downloads but not installs.
I know the Govt hasn't paid it's Oracle contract bill yet, Congress
milling about smartly but not paying bills. I'm wondering if that has an
effect on my ability to patch and the successful ones are the patches
you would have gotten from Sun for free?
Until that issue gets cleared up I'm stuck waiting.

 Eric R. Jones
SRF JRMC
C1236
DSN 315-243-4196

STICK \'stik\ n. 1: A boomerang that doesn't work.