[pca] Mixed results

Martin Paul martin at par.univie.ac.at
Thu Dec 16 10:44:30 CET 2010

Jones, Eric CIV SRF 1236 wrote:
> After checking a few more I'm getting hits of 2 successful here, 4 on
> another, 2 more somewhere else etc... But the patch numbers are not the
> same.

It's hard to see what could be wrong then. When using the same MOS account and
PCA setup, it would be weird if a patch downloads fine on one box and doesn't on
another.

> The logs are also stating that there was an attempt to install a patch
> for software not installed on the box;

Now that's a different thing. If PCA thinks that a patch applies to a system,
and it then fails to install with an error like "attempt to install a patch for
software not installed" then please report it to me. Sometimes metadata for a
patch is wrong in patchdiag.xref, wrongly making PCA believe that a patch
applies to a system although it doesn't. I usually add workarounds for those
patches to PCA.

Martin.