[DissKoll] DissKoll: 2nd Talk

Klemens Katterbauer katterbauer.klemens at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 08:43:37 CET 2009

Dear visitors of the DissKoll (Dissertantenkolloquium),

On November 23, 2009, the DissKoll will have its second talk in fall 2009.
 Christian Spreitzer (University of Vienna) will talk about "Hyperbolic
first-order systems with non-smooth coefficients".

Christian Spreitzer
"Hyperbolic first-order systems with non-smooth coefficients"

Abstract:
The Dirac equation provides a relativistic description of spin-\frac{1}{2}
particles. Non-smooth interaction terms in this equation lead to first order
PDE-systems with distributional coefficients. Colombeau's theory of
generalized functions allows to handle such equations on a mathematically
sound basis. I will present an existence and uniqueness result for symmetric
hyperbolic first-order PDE-systems in the special Colombeau algebra. I will
also give a sketch of the proof and discuss some future work in the same
direction. This is work in collaboration with Günther Hörmann.

Monday, November 23, 2009, 17:15, Room C 2.07
Coffee and cakes served from 17:00 in the Common Room C 2.06

Program and further information you can find at
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~disskoll/<http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/%7Edisskoll/>

If you are interested in giving a talk, then please contact Klemens
Katterbauer via the below given E-mail address or cell phone number.

To join the mailing list, visit
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/mailman/listinfo/disskoll

Comments and feedback are welcomed.

We are looking forward to your attendance,

Christian Spreitzer
Clemens Hanel
Klemens Katterbauer

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++

Liebe Besucherinnen und Besucher des DissKoll(Dissertantenkolloquium)!

Am Montag den 23. November 2009 findet der zweite Vortrag im Rahmen des
DissKoll in diesem Semester statt. Christian Spreitzer
(Universität Wien) spricht über
"Hyperbolic first-order systems with non-smooth coefficients"

Christian Spreitzer
"Hyperbolic first-order systems with non-smooth coefficients"

Abstract:
The Dirac equation provides a relativistic description of spin-\frac{1}{2}
particles. Non-smooth interaction terms in this equation lead to first order
PDE-systems with distributional coefficients. Colombeau's theory of
generalized functions allows to handle such equations on a mathematically
sound basis. I will present an existence and uniqueness result for symmetric
hyperbolic first-order PDE-systems in the special Colombeau algebra. I will
also give a sketch of the proof and discuss some future work in the same
direction. This is work in collaboration with Günther Hörmann.

Montag, 23. November 2009, 17:15, Seminarraum C 2.07
Kaffee und Kuchen ab 17:00 im Common Room C 2.06

Wir freuen uns auf euer Kommen,

Christian Spreitzer
Clemens Hanel
Klemens Katterbauer

Das weitere Programm für dieses Semester findet ihr auf
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~disskoll/<http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/%7Edisskoll/>

--
Klemens Katterbauer
Student of Mathematics