[DissKoll] Reminder Disskoll, 23.11.2009

Klemens Katterbauer katterbauer.klemens at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 13:24:24 CET 2009

Dear visitors of the DissKoll (Dissertantenkolloquium),

Tomorrow, the DissKoll will have its second talk in fall 2009.
 Christian Spreitzer (University of Vienna) will talk about "Hyperbolic
first-order systems with non-smooth coefficients".

Christian Spreitzer
"Hyperbolic first-order systems with non-smooth coefficients"

Abstract:
The Dirac equation provides a relativistic description of spin-\frac{1}{2}
particles. Non-smooth interaction terms in this equation lead to first order
PDE-systems with distributional coefficients. Colombeau's theory of
generalized functions allows to handle such equations on a mathematically
sound basis. I will present an existence and uniqueness result for symmetric
hyperbolic first-order PDE-systems in the special Colombeau algebra. I will
also give a sketch of the proof and discuss some future work in the same
direction. This is work in collaboration with Günther Hörmann.

Monday, November 23, 2009, 17:15, Room C 2.07
Coffee and cakes served from 17:00 in the Common Room C 2.06

Program and further information you can find at
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~disskoll/<http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/%7Edisskoll/>

If you are interested in giving a talk, then please contact Klemens
Katterbauer via the below given E-mail address or cell phone number.

To join the mailing list, visit
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/mailman/listinfo/disskoll

Comments and feedback are welcomed.

We are looking forward to your attendance,

Christian Spreitzer
Clemens Hanel
Klemens Katterbauer

--