[Vortraege] Vortragsankündigungen der komm. Woche (KW5)

Dekanat für Mathematik dekanat.mathematik at univie.ac.at
Fri Jan 23 13:25:09 CET 2009

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei die Vortragsankündigungen für die nächste Woche, im Anhang finden
Sie den Text auch als PDF Datei.

Mittwoch, 28. Januar, 15:00 Uhr bis 15:45 Uhr , C 209, UZA 4
Einführung zum Mathematischen Kolloquium
Prof. Dr. Guy Henniart (Université Paris-Sud XI - Orsay)
„An introduction to modular Langlands correspondences“
Abstract: In the Junior Colloquium an introduction to the theme of the
Mathematical Colloquium following after the Junior Colloquium will be
given. Some background will be provided for the untrained but interested
attendent of the Mathematical Colloquium, in which the speaker will talk
about the quest for modular Langlands correspondences. The Langlands
Program is one of the most ambitious goals of arithmetic algebraic
geometry as it predicts unexpected connections between apparently
different theories.

15:45 Uhr bis 16:15 Uhr: K & K im Common Room

Mittwoch, 28. Januar, 16:15 Uhr bis 17:00 Uhr, C 209, UZA 4
Mathematisches Kolloquium
Prof. Dr. Guy Henniart (Université Paris-Sud XI - Orsay)
„The quest for modular Langlands correspondences“
Abstract: Congruences of modular forms have played an important rôle
recently,   for example in the proof of Fermat's last Theorem. Viewing
modular forms as automorphic representations, i.e. representations of
adele groups,   leads inexorably to studying representations of
reductive p-adic   groups on vector spaces over finite fields,
especially Z/pZ. It then   becomes natural to look for a modular
Langlands correspondence for   such representations, relating them to
representations of Galois   groups on vector spaces over the same
fields. The investigations have   just started: the only group attacked
seriously is GL(2), and reasonably complete results are available only
in the case of GL(2)   over the field of p-adic numbers (Colmez). After
introducing briefly this chain of thought, I shall concentrate on the
case of GL(2), describing the framework, some hopes and some results.

(Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler, V.-Prof. Dr. Herwig Hauser,
Vizedekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Christian Krattenthaler, Univ.-Prof. Dr.
Joachim Schwermer)

Montag, 26. Januar, ab 11:00 Uhr bis Freitag, 30. Januar, ESI
Schrödinger Lecture Hall, Boltzmanngasse 9, 1090 Wien
ESI-Workshop Representation Theory of Reductive Groups-Local and Global
Aspects
Organizers: Guy Henniart, Goran Muic, Joachim Schwermer
Programm: Attachment anbei!

Dienstag, 27. Januar, 11:15 Uhr bis 12:45 Uhr, D 104, UZA 4
Complex Analysis Seminar
Dr. Michał Jasiczak (Adam Mickiewicz University)
„Interpolation on finite type domains“
Abstract: During the talk we intend to study interpolation problems
for holomorphic functions on finite type domains in Cn. More
specifically, let D be either a smoothly bounded convex domain of finite
type in Cn or a finite type bounded domain in Cn and let A be a
non-singular holomorphic subvariety of some neighbourhood of D, which
cuts bD transversally.We will address the question, when a function f,
which is holomorphic in A∩D, extends to a holomorphic function on the
whole domain D. It is a consequence of Cartan's Theorem B and Oka's
Coherence Theorem that if D is pseudoconvex then each function in H(A∩D)
is the restriction of a function, which is holomorphic in D. The same
problem is more involved if we impose growth restrictions on the
corresponding functions and their extensions. Our plan is to present in
detail necessary conditions for interpolation on finite type domains in
C2 for the Bergman and the Hardy scale of spaces. We will show how these
conditions can be formulated for convex finite type domains in Cn and
when they are sufficient. However, in order to make the lecture
accessible, we will start with the simplest possible case, namely, the
unit ball in Cn.

Dienstag, 27. Januar, 15:00 Uhr, D 103, UZA 4
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Biomathematik
Stefano de Michelis (Pavia)

Dienstag, 27. Januar, 15:15 Uhr bis 16:45 Uhr, TU Wien, Institut für
Diskrete Mathematik und Geometrie, Freihaus, grüner Turm (A), 8. Stock,
Dissertantenraum, Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10, 1040 Wien
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Diskrete Mathematik
Christoph Koutschan (RISC, Linz)
„Two applications of automated holonomic function manipulation:
simulation of electromagnetic waves and counting lattice paths“

Donnerstag, 29. Januar, 15:00 Uhr, TU, Freihaus, grüner Turm, 3. Stock,
Seminarraum 101B, Wiedner Hauptstraße 8, 1040 Wien
WK student seminar
Sara Karlsson
„Modeling of the volatility surface using Heston“
Abstract: A presentation of one of the most common Stochastic volatility
models, some shortfalls when implementing it and its implied volatility
surface.

Donnerstag, 29. Januar, 15:00 Uhr, TU, Freihaus, grüner Turm, 3. Stock,
Seminarraum 101B, Wiedner Hauptstraße 8, 1040 Wien
WK student seminar
Samuel Ferraz-Leite
„Functional analytic framework for a reduced model in thin-film
micromagnetics“

Donnerstag, 29. Januar, 15:30 Uhr, 2A310, UZA 2
Geometry Seminar
Bernhard Krötz (MPI Bonn)
„Convexity theorems in complex geometry“
Abstract: The Schur-Horn convexity theorems relates the eigenvalues of a
positive definite Hermitian matrix to the diagonal entries in its Gauss
decomposition. This result was extended by Kostant to the context of
semi-simple Lie groups and was further generalized by
Atiyah-Guillemin-Sternberg in their celebrated convexity theorem. We
will explain an analogous result for certain complex symmetric matrices.
In addition we will discuss convexity features of a complexified polar
decomposition of an invertible matrix. The work presented is partly
joined with S.Gindikin and Michael Otto. On the technical side we
slightly improve and extends results of Kostant, Heckmann, Atiyah,
Guillemin-Sternberg, Duistermaat and Harish-Chandra.

Freitag, 30. Januar, 12:15 Uhr, TU Wien, Institut für Diskrete
Mathematik und Geometrie, Turm A, 5. Stock, kleiner Seminarraum 104,
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10, 1040 Wien
WAS Wiener Algebra Seminar
Alexander E. Zalesskii (Universita di Milano, Bicocca)
„Classification of simple Hurwitz groups and representations of the (2,
3, 7)-triangle group“

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Margit Honkisz