[Vortraege] Vortragsankündigungen der komm. Woche (KW4)

Dekanat für Mathematik dekanat.mathematik at univie.ac.at
Fri Jan 16 13:09:25 CET 2009

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei die Vortragsankündigungen für die nächste Woche, im Anhang finden
Sie den Text auch als PDF Datei.

Mittwoch, 21. Januar, 16:15 Uhr bis 17:00 Uhr, C 209, UZA 4
(Kaffeejause um 15:45 Uhr bis 16:15 Uhr im Common Room)
Mathematisches Kolloquium
Prof. Dr. Thomas Kappeler (Universität Zürich, Institut für Mathematik)
„Fermi-Pasta-Ulam lattices revisted“
Abstract: In the fifties, Fermi, Pasta, and Ulam numerically discovered
recurrence phenomena of solutions of 1-dimensional lattices with nearest
neighbour interaction. There work had a profound impact on the theory of
integrable systems and led to the discovery of integrable Hamiltonian
PDE's. However, by and large, the numerical experiments still defy an
explanation. In my talk, I will report on recent progress in the
understanding of the dynamics of FPU lattices for small energy solutions.

(Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler, ao. Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.
Gerald Teschl)

Montag, 19. Januar, 13:15 Uhr bis 14:45 Uhr, D 101, UZA 4
Im Rahmen des Seminars Transporttheorie von o. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Walter
Schachermayer spricht:
Prof. Nizar Demni
„Dunkl processes: probabilistic aspects“
Abstract: Dunkl processes are multidimensional Markov Jump processes and
may be seen as perturbations of multidimensional Brownian motions. They
enjoy nice interesting properties: they are multidimensional
martingales  (we will give their decomposition into continuous and
discontinuous parts), they enjoy the time inversion property (they are
the only known multidimensional Markov Jump processes having this
property), they are self similar of index 1/2 (Brownian scaling
property), their L2-space enjoy the chaotic decomposition property and
they solve the Gilat's problem in the one dimensional case, that is,
they are the only martingales such that their absolute values are Bessel
processes. The last part of the talk will emphasize on the radial Dunkl
process which is the projection of the Dunkl process on the Weyl chamber
and is a diffusion. The latter is connected to the eigenvalues of some
matrix-valued processes and is the unique strong solution of the a SDE
with a singular drift.

Dienstag, 20. Januar, 11:00 Uhr, ESI Schrödinger Lecture Hall,
Boltzmanngasse 9,
1090 Wien
ESI Seminar
Dr. Alberto Minguez (Paris)
„l-modular theta correspondence“

Dienstag, 20. Januar, 11:15 Uhr bis 12:45 Uhr, D 104, UZA 4
Complex Analysis Seminar
Prof. Joaquim Ortega-Cerdà (University of Barcelona)
„Pointwise estimates for the Bergman kernel and applications“
Abstract: We prove upper pointwise estimates for the Bergman kernel of
the weighted Fock space of entire functions in L2(e-2φ) where φ is a
subharmonic function with Δφ a doubling measure. We derive estimates for
the canonical solution operator to the dbar-equation and we characterize
the compactness of this operator in terms of Δφ.

Dienstag, 20. Januar, 12:00 Uhr, ESI Schrödinger Lecture Hall,
Boltzmanngasse 9,
1090 Wien
ESI Seminar
Dr. Harald Grobner (Vienna)
„Multiplicities of cusp forms for quaternionic hyperbolic spaces“

Dienstag, 20. Januar, 15:00 Uhr, D 103, UZA 4
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Biomathematik
Simon Aeschbacher (Edinburgh/ISTA)
„Estimation of gene flow accounting for population history: the ibex case“

Dienstag, 20. Januar, 15:15 Uhr bis 16:45 Uhr, TU Wien, Institut für
Diskrete Mathematik und Geometrie, Freihaus, grüner Turm (A), 8. Stock,
Dissertantenraum, Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10, 1040 Wien
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Diskrete Mathematik
Stefan Gerhold
„Lindelf integral representations and asymptotic analysis of a certain
power series with closed-form coefficients“
Abstract: Lindelf integrals provide representations of power series
whose coefficients have an analytic lifting. They can be used to
establish analytic continuations, and to analyze functions
asymptotically by the well-developed methods for treating integrals. We
illustrate both aspects on the generating function of the sequence
$a^{n^b}$ with fixed parameters $a$ and $b$. Its analytic continuation
has a rich asymptotic behavior, where different parameter values call
for various methods including Laplace's, saddle points, and Hankel
contour integration. This is joint work with P. Flajolet and B. Salvy.

Donnerstag, 22. Januar, 13:00 Uhr, ESI Schrödinger Lecture Hall,
Boltzmanngasse 9,
1090 Wien
ESI Seminar
Prof. Marko Tadic (University of Zagreb)
„Unramified unitary duals of classical p-adic groups“

Donnerstag, 22. Januar,  15:00 Uhr, Seminarraum C 714 (WPI Seminarraum)
WK student seminar
Christina Ziehaus
„The Stop-Loss Start-Gain Strategy“
Abstract: We will investigate the Stop-Loss Start-Gain Strategy, the
paradox it involves and how it can be solved.

Donnerstag, 22. Januar, 15:00 Uhr, Seminarraum C 714 (WPI Seminarraum)
WK student seminar
Marcus Wunsch
„The Blow-up Problem for the Euler Equations“
Abstract: We will derive and study the Proudman-Johnson equation and the
CLM equation, both of which can be considered models for
three-dimensional vortex dynamics, and their generalizations. In
particular, we will present new proofs and criteria for global existence
in time or the creation of finite-time singularities.

Donnerstag, 22. Januar, 17:00 Uhr, ESI Schrödinger Lecture Hall,
Boltzmanngasse 9,
1090 Wien
ESI Lecture
James W. Cogdell (Ohio State University, Columbus)
„On sums of three squares“

Freitag, 23. Januar, 12:15 Uhr, Technische Universität Wien, Institut
für Diskrete Mathematik und Geometrie, Freihaus, 4., Wiedner Hauptstraße
8-10/5, gr. Zone,  kleiner Seminarraum 104
Algebra Seminar
Jonathan Farley

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Margit Honkisz