[VCEE Seminar] reminder VCEE Seminar 8.4.2022

Mon Apr 4 13:19:57 CEST 2022

Dear all,

You are cordially invited to attend the VCEE seminar on Friday, April 8
from 10:30-12:00

(SR 3).

James Tremewan

Reasoning and persuasion in social dilemmas (with Ananish Chaudhuri, Jose
Brache, and Jia Liu)

Abstract:
We use the method introduced by Burchardi and Penczynski (2014) to elicit
reasons for cooperating, or not cooperating, in the dictator game, trust
game, ultimatum game, and a novel corruption game. We use Latent Dirichlet
Allocation to analyze the resulting text, and establish what kinds of
messages are particularly persuasive in changing people's minds, and cause
them to act either pro- or anti-socially. We also elicit Dark Triad
personality dimensions to establish whether narcissistic, Machievellian, or
psychopathic subjects are better or worse at persuading others.

Best regards,

Gabriele Prochaska

University of Vienna

 <http://econ.univie.ac.at/> Department of Economics