[PLing] VOICE 3.0 Online Release Event on 23 Sept 2021

Pitzl-Hagin, Marie-Luise Marie-Luise.Pitzl at oeaw.ac.at
Tue Aug 31 12:19:19 CEST 2021

Dear PLing members,

during the past year, the VOICE CLARIAH team have developed an enhanced and updated open-access user interface for VOICE (Vienna-Oxford International Corpus of English), a one-million-word corpus of spoken English as a lingua franca (ELF) interactions.

We are excited to let you know that the new VOICE 3.0 Online interface is about to become publicly available!

We therefore invite you to join us for the

VOICE 3.0 Online - Virtual Release Event
which will be taking place on
Thursday, 23 September 2021
from 3.00 to 5.00 pm (CEST).

For details of the event, please visit https://voice-clariah.acdh.oeaw.ac.at/voice-3-0-virtual-release-event/. The event will be hosted via Zoom and is open to everyone interested. To join us for the virtual release of VOICE 3.0 Online, please register for the event via the VOICE CLARIAH website or via https://bit.ly/2THMas0.

We look forward to giving you an online tour of the new VOICE interface and introducing the new features and expanded search facilities of VOICE 3.0 Online to you. We will also provide a ‘behind the scenes’ glimpse at the technological and digital humanities aspects of building VOICE 3.0 Online and have an open Q&A session with all participants.

Herzliche Grüße and best regards,

Marie-Luise Pitzl and the VOICE CLARIAH team

P.S. Apologies for cross-postings.

--

SAVE THE DATE: VOICE 3.0 - Virtual Release Event on 23 Sept 2021 (3 pm)
Details and registration (no fee): https://voice-clariah.acdh.oeaw.ac.at/voice-3-0-virtual-release-event/

Priv.-doz. Mag. Dr. Marie-Luise Pitzl

FWF Elise-Richter Research Fellow

Austrian Center for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (ACDH-CH) | Linguistics Department

Austrian Academy of Sciences | Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften (ÖAW)

Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3 | 1030 Vienna

Principal Investigator: English as a Lingua Franca in Transient International Groups (FWF V747)

Project lead: VOICE CLARIAH project

Twitter: @mlpitzl<https://twitter.com/mlpitzl> | ORCID: 0000-0002-7805-6739

https://marieluisepitzl.org | https://www.oeaw.ac.at/acdh/team/current-team/marie-luise-pitzl/
ELF in TIGs: https://marieluisepitzl.org/project/elf-tigs