[PLing] Informal Reading Group | Conceptual Engineering | 11.04, 18.30, C0208

Delia Belleri delia.belleri at univie.ac.at
Sun Apr 7 17:44:13 CEST 2019

Dear all,

this is to inform you that an informal reading group on the topic of
Conceptual Engineering is starting next week.

We will kick off with Chapter 1 of Carnap's The Logical Foundations of
Probability, entitled "On Explication", to get a grip on one of the
early characterizations of this philosophical endeavour.

We will meet on Thursday, April 11, 18:30 in front of my office (C0208,
NIG II floor), and look for a spare room from there.

I am attaching the text, which is of a convenient length (18 pages).

In general, we intend to keep this reading group as informal as
possible. There is a core of 2-3 people who are committed to it, anybody
else is free to pop in and out depending on their interests. Please
note, however, that the format is pre-read.

I hope to see many of you on Thursday!

Best wishes,
Delia