[pca] EXTERNAL: wesunsolve.net closed

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Sep 20 03:20:37 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wickline,	Bob (N-STERLING COMPUTERS CORPORATION)" <bob.wickline at lmco.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:17 pm
Subject: Re: [pca] EXTERNAL:  wesunsolve.net closed
To: "PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion" <pca at lists.univie.ac.at>

> I submitted a SlashDot article about it but it didn't get promoted:
>
> http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&id=37475101

Yet another reason why I dropped oracle everywhere I could, and that means inside customer sites also. I really don't think the morons inside oracle have a clue at the size of the losses they inspire. I say "inspire" because you can only hate that company. Every hardware contract that was in place at two of the big three auto manufactuers has been killed. Every damn one. I know as a fact as I worked on the migration away from Solaris and Sparc over to SUSE Linux on one of those big auto's and the last stage is this year, killing off Oracle database, oracle weblogic, oracle webserver ( websphere ) and the products just keep going away.

Seriously, Solaris is dead.

Dennis

ps: I should go kill blastwave .. it serves no purpose anymore anyways.  yeah .. done