[pca] Support Levels

Martin Paul martin at par.univie.ac.at
Mon Dec 20 15:09:47 CET 2010

Jeff,

> Thanks for adding this feature, I just tried it (after fiddling with my
> firewall, this feature requires http/https access to "support.oracle.com" and
>  "login.oracle.com").

Good point. I've now added a sentence about firewall configuration to the
installation instructions on the PCA site.

 > The information I got meshes with my idea of the support that I am paying for.

Thanks for trying!

> Maybe my success was because I was in the US and not in Europe...

It mostly worked fine for me in Austria, too. And now I know why I can't
download some patches anymore - patches for firmware and Studio are simply more
restricted now, and I can't get them with an "OS" Support Level after the switch.

The "--supplevel" might help to diagnose problems where the necessary Support
Contracts and Support Levels are not connected to a MOS Account. So if somebody
can't download a certain patch (seeing "403 You are not entitled to retrieve
this content"), always try "pca --supplevel" to see which Support Levels it
recognizes with your account.

Martin.