[pca] MOS user name with @ character?

Diana Orrick orrick at fsu.edu
Tue Dec 14 18:58:02 CET 2010

We don't use a proxy, no.

I think I found the problem (chagrin)

I have a pca.conf file in /usr/sfw/bin
and I found a starter version (with old passwords, of course)
in the directory where I usually run my pca scripts.

I happened to run my last test to provide you output
from a different directory and all worked fine! Got the
user/pw prompts, downloads happened, no worries!

Run from my pca_files directory, pca logs finding both
pca.conf files and I get service error 403. Remove old
pca.conf file from scripts directory and happy days...

Please let me know if you still want output and thank you
for providing such a sleek, smart tool for Sun system updates.

A mentor once told me to look for the simplest solution
for what seems the most complex of problems...here a reminder.

--

          Diana Mayer Orrick, System Administrator
  Information Technology Services, Florida State University