[pca] MOS user name with @ character?

Martin Paul martin at par.univie.ac.at
Tue Dec 14 18:18:35 CET 2010

Diana Orrick schrieb:
> I tried commenting out the user/pw entries in pca.conf,
> but pca never prompted for info, moved on attempted to
> connect and same error...

Are you using a pca proxy? If there is no MOS account provided via a
config file or command line switches, PCA should definitely ask for it.
Please provide pca debug output so I can see what's going on.

 >  >>>Not supported.  A full patch id with a specific version is
required <<<

 > /usr/sfw/bin/pca -d 119254 -V <<< no version number
 >
 > /usr/sfw/bin/pca -d 119254-78 -V worked.

PCA will add a revision number (the most recent one, taken from the xref
file) before attempting the download, so both of the above commands
should result in an attempt to download 119254-78. If one of the
commands works and the other one doesn't, that would be highly
unexpected. Please send me debug output of the PCA runs.

Martin.