[pca] Download server issues

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 18:19:44 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 16:33 +0000, Nishimura, Scott L (IT Solutions)
wrote:
> Still fails identically for me as of 2010/12/14 at 08:24 Pacific:  I can download 119254-78 and 125555-08 but none of the others.
>
> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 403 You are not entitled to retrieve this content.
> 2010-12-14 08:26:09 ERROR 403: You are not entitled to retrieve this content..

Hello,

I may have missed some emails about this, but this morning I noticed
that we were also having the 403 problems. I had previously registered
for an MOS account, and had provided our Sun contract number as part of
the registration process (can't remember exactly what part). Test
downloads from Oracle with our new account worked fine.

Using the new PCA version, and our new MOS account, we got the 403
errors. The test download of patch 119254-78 worked fine. As did
downloading just the README file.

Logging into Oracle we immediately received an error that we had no
'Support Identifiers' associated with our account. As such we could not
download any patches. I thought this had all been taken care of when we
had registered and given our Sun contract number. After battling with
flash a bit, I managed to find out our Support ID (from Oracle) and
register that with our account. We can now download the outstanding
patches.

So, although you may think everything has been set up correctly at the
Oracle end, it may be worth logging in just to be sure.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001