[pca] Download server issues

Glen Gunselman ggunselm at emporia.edu
Tue Dec 14 15:39:20 CET 2010

Hopefully it's all sorted out and this is not important, but I received an email on Nov 18th titled "CORRECTION: Your Oracle Support Identifier Information".  The "New Support Identifier"s listed are not the current SIDs for the products covered by the "Legacy Sun Contract Number"s listed.
I assume that if I can see the Assets under my MOS Profile I should be able to download patches, but the SIDs do not match the info in the email of Nov 18th.

have a good day,
GlenG
P.S. I have not tried downloading patches today - other fires to (hopefully) put out ...

Mike Brown wrote:
>   The download server issues are under investigation.  Some actions have been
> put in place to alleviate the problems, but there still may be occasional
> unanticipated failures.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Things look better here today. I successfully downloaded a random set of Solaris
10 patches, and today's new patches (e.g. 119812-11/119813-13) worked fine, too.

If somebody reports patch download problems, please always try whether 119254-78
works. If this one doesn't work, it's most probably a problem with the MOS
account (or PCA setup) and not a general problem of a patch missing on Oracle's
patch server. This will make it easier to isolate the issue.

Martin.