[pca] Download server issue fixed

Martin Paul martin at par.univie.ac.at
Tue Dec 14 08:21:36 CET 2010

Nishimura, Scott L (IT Solutions) wrote:
> Interestingly, I can download the readme of a patch but not the patch itself.
> For example, 146283-01.  As someone mentioned earlier, one difference between
> success and failure was whether the query got redirected to akamai but
> perhaps that is a symptom and not a cause.

That's just a symptom. wget connects to getupdates.oracle.com and asks for a
certain patch, providing the MOS account for authentication. If Oracle thinks
you're entitled to download this patch, it redirects wget at Akamai for the
actual download. The problem we see is caused by Oracle believing that you are
not entitled to get this certain patch, so it answers with HTTP Error 403 and
the connection is closed.

Martin.