[pca] MOS user name with @ character?

Stuart F. Biggar Stuart.Biggar at optics.Arizona.EDU
Mon Dec 13 14:51:06 CET 2010

I'm a part time admin that has NO knowledge of perl.  I've been using pca
for quite some time with a Sun user name of firstnamelastname with no punctuation
at all.  My new MOS account name is:  stuart.biggar at optics.arizona.edu.  I tried putting
that into the USER line in pca where my old user name just worked.  I now get
complaints about the @ symbol.  Is there a way to escape that or otherwise
convince pca that my new user name is OK?  I tried single (') and double (") quotes
but get "interesting" new error messages.  I also tried a \ before the @ but I obviously
don't know the correct thing(s) to do ....

I'm also having problems downloading patches if I try passing the user/passwd
on the command line.  I was able to log into MOS using a web browser and the
same use/passwd set before and after the failures with pca.  However I get the
you are not authorized error with pca ...

Stuart