[DissKoll] Reminder Disskoll, 07.12.2009

Klemens Katterbauer katterbauer.klemens at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 06:16:54 CET 2009

Dear visitors of the DissKoll (Dissertantenkolloquium),

Tomorrow, the DissKoll will have its third talk in fall 2009.
 Philippe Nadeau (University of Vienna) will talk about "Fully Packed Loop
Configurations".

Philippe Nadeau
"Fully Packed Loop Configurations"

Abstract:
Fully Packed Loop (FPL) configurations are combinatorial objects defined as
certain particular subgraphs of a square grid. These objects are well known
in physics, but appeared recently in combinatorics thanks to the so-called
Razumov Stroganov conjecture. In this talk we will survey the links between
FPL configurations and certain areas of physics and mathematics; we will
also present some results and conjectures concerning their exact
enumeration.

Monday, December 7, 2009, 17:15, Room C 2.07
Coffee and cakes served from 17:00 in the Common Room C 2.06

Program and further information you can find at
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~disskoll/<http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/%7Edisskoll/>

If you are interested in giving a talk, then please contact Klemens
Katterbauer via the below given E-mail address or cell phone number.

To join the mailing list, visit
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/mailman/listinfo/disskoll

Comments and feedback are welcomed.

We are looking forward to your attendance,

Philippe Nadeau
Clemens Hanel
Klemens Katterbauer

--