[Vortraege] Vortragsankündigungen KW. 20

Danijela Radosavljevic Danijela.Radosavljevic at univie.ac.at
Fri May 10 15:59:21 CEST 2013

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei die Vortragsankündigungen für die kommende Woche, im Anhang finden
Sie den Text auch als PDF Datei.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Danijela Radosavljevic

Sekretariat
Institut für Mathematik
Universität Wien
Nordbergstr. 15, UZA 4
Tel: 43 1 4277 50629
Fax: 43 1 4277 9506

*Vorträge*

**

*Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013, ab 16:00 Uhr, Olga Taussky-Todd Raum (C 209),
UZA 4*

*Mathematisches Kolloquium ***

*Prof. Dr. Ivar Ekeland **(**Université Paris-Dauphine**)***

*"**No turning back: growth theory and sustainable development"*

**

/_Abstract:_///

The standard model of economic growth, going back to Ramsey in 1928,
reduces to a one-dimensional problem in the calculus of variations for
which one seeks an optimal solution. This model, however, does not
embody modern concerns for sustainable development. Chichilnisky (1996)
has modified the Ramsey criterion accordingly, but the corresponding
problem is as yet unsolved. We propose a solution, and in the process
show why the concept of optimality must be discarded in favour or
equilibrium. Our main conclusion is that damage to the environment is
irreversible.//

**

*15:30 Uhr -- 16:00 Uhr K & K (Common Room)*

**

*Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Walter Schachermayer, Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald
Rindler*

**

*Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, von 11:00 Uhr bis 12:00 Uhr, Seminarraum C 209,
UZA 4*

*Außerordentliches Mathematisches Kolloquium -- *

*Vortrag im Rahmen der Habilitation von *

*Ekaterina Fokina, PhD (Forschungsplattform "Kurt Gödel Research Center",*

*Universität Wien): "Complexity of equivalence relations"*

**

/Abstract:/

/Equivalence relations play an important role in Mathematics as they
allow one to classify mathematical structures. For example, under the
relation of isomorphism, countable vector spaces over the rational
numbers can be classified using the notion of dimension. In this talk we
study equivalence relations from the point of view of computability
theory. We first recall how to measure the algorithmic complexity of
mathematical objects, including sets, relations, functions and
structures. Then we explain how to compare the complexity of equivalence
relations in general and discuss the important special cases of the
isomorphism and the bi-embeddability relations. We will conclude with
some open questions in the field./

**

*Sy-David Friedman, Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler*

**

*Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, von 12:00 Uhr bis 13:00 Uhr, Seminarraum C 209,
UZA 4*

*Außerordentliches Mathematisches Kolloquium -- *

*Vortrag im Rahmen der Habilitation von *

*Lyubomyr Zdomskyy, PhD (Forschungsplattform "Kurt Gödel Research Center",*

*Universität Wien): "Combinatorics of the generalized continuum and
large cardinals"*

*//*

/Abstract:/

/We shall present some set-theoretic methods and their applications to
various problems in infinite combinatorics and general topology. Special
emphasis will be laid on cardinal characteristics. These arise from
various questions about critical cardinalities of sets of reals with
certain properties, and their main importance in our context is in
allowing for a concise description of the premises beyond ZFC in
independence results. Some/

/proofs will also be presented./

//

*Sy-David Friedman, Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler*

//

*Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013, von 15:00 Uhr bis 15:45 Uhr, Seminarraum C 209,
UZA 4*

*Lectures for Everybody*

*Joachim Mahnkopf: "Beispiele zum Reziprozitätsgesetz in der Zahlentheorie"*

*Organized by H. Hauser*

**

*Montag, 13. Mai 2013, von 15:15 Uhr bis 17:00 Uhr, Seminarraum D 107,
UZA 4*

*Arbeitsgemeinschaft Ergodentheorie*

*Michal Kupsa (Czech Academy of Sciences):Return times statistics for
stationary processes - strong mixing property vs zero entropy. *

*http://mat.univie.ac.at/~zweimueller/AG_ETHY.html*
<http://mat.univie.ac.at/%7Ezweimueller/AG_ETHY.html>**

*Montag, 13.Mai 2013, ab 9:30 Uhr bis Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013, ab 10:00
Uhr, Erwin Schrödinger Lecture Hall, Boltzmanng. **9, 1090 Wien*

*"The Geometry of Topological D-branes, Categories and Applications"***

*(Details siehe Attachment) *

*Organized by S. Gukov, A. Kapustin, L. Katzarkov , Y. Soibelman*

*Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, von 11:15 Uhr bis 12:45 Uhr, Seminarraum S1,
Althanstraße 12, 1090 Wien*

*Complex Analysis Seminar*

*Ilya Kossovskiy: "Differential equations in complex domains and
spherical real hypersurfaces"*

*http://www.univie.ac.at/complexanalysis/Activities/Seminar2013.html***

**

*Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, von 15:00 Uhr bis 17:00 Uhr, Seminarraum D 101,
UZA 4*

*Geometry and Analysis on Groups -- Research Seminar*

*Hiroki Matui(Chiba University): "Topological full groups of etale
groupoids*."**

*http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~dosaj/GGTWien/Seminar.html*
<http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/%7Edosaj/GGTWien/Seminar.html>**

**

*Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, ab 10:00 Uhr, WPI Seminarraum C 714, UZA 4*

*WPI Seminar*

*Second Wien-Graz-Bio-PDE-day*

*Details siehe Link:
**http://www.wpi.ac.at/event_view.php?id_activity=178***

**

*Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, von 17:00 Uhr bis 18:30 Uhr, SeminarraumC 209,
UZA 4*

*Vortrag im Rahmen des Seminars Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie***

*Fabian Pühringer: "Cover times"*

*Link: **http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~finance_hp/seminarSS13_prob.html*
<http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/%7Efinance_hp/seminarSS13_prob.html>**

**

*Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, ab 15:00 Uhr, Seminarraum D 103, UZA 4*

*Arbeitsgemeinschaft Biomathematik*

*Stefano Demichelis (Pavia): "An attempt to understand preplay
communication"*

**

*Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, von 15:15 Uhr bis 16:45 Uhr, TU Institut für
Diskrete Mathematik und Geometrie, Freihaus, grüner Turm (A), 8. Stock,
Dissertantenr., Wiedner Hauptst. 8-10, 1040 Wien*

*Arbeitsgemeinschaft Diskrete Mathematik*

*Martin Rubey: "Promotion on invariant tensors"*

**

*Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013, ab 17:15 Uhr, Seminarraum C 209, UZA 4*

*Fachdidaktisches Kolloquium*

*Univ. --Prof. Dr. Matthias Brandl (Universität Passau): "Mathematische
Begabung und Leistung im Mathematikunterricht"*

**

*Mittwoch, 15.Mai 2013, von 9:00 Uhr bis 10:30 Uhr, Seminarraum D 104,
UZA 4*

*AG Algebraische Geometrie*

*H. Hauser: Division theorems for formal and convergent power series and *

*Hilbert-Samuel functions*

*Organized by H. Hauser*

**

*Donnerstag, 16. Mai**2013, von 16:00 Uhr bis 18:00 Uhr, Josephinum, *

*SR (Zi. O2.101), Währingerstr. 25, 1090 Wien*

*KGRC Research Seminar*

*Philipp Schlicht (Universität Bonn): "On Generalized Choquet Spaces and
Groups"*

*http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/Current_talk.html**__*

__

*Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013, von 17:00 Uhr bis 18:30 Uhr, Seminarraum C
209, UZA 4*

*Vortrag im Rahmen des Seminars Finanzmathematik *

*Yiqing Lin: tba*

*Link: **http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~finance_hp/seminarSS13.html*
<http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/%7Efinance_hp/seminarSS13.html>**

**

*Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013, ab 9:00 Uhr bis Samstag, 18. Mai 2013, ab
9:00 Uhr, TU Wien, Seminarraum Zemanek, Favoritenstraße 9-11, 1040 Wien*

*WPI Seminar*

*First Symposium on Structure in Hard Combinatorial Problems *

*Details siehe Link: **http://www.vcla.at/events/structure2013/***

**

*Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013, ab 17:30 Uhr, TU Wien, **HS EI, Stiege I,
Erdgeschoß, Gußhausstraße 27- 29, 1040 Wien*

*Vortrag*

*Donald Knuth (Stanford University): "**All Questions Answered"*

*Details siehe Link:
**http://www.informatik.tuwien.ac.at/english/vienna-goedel-lectures/2013***