[Vortraege] Änderung Math Koll.

Martina Fellner Martina.Fellner at univie.ac.at
Tue Jun 18 08:41:48 CEST 2013

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei eine Änderung zum Math. Koll.:

Mathem. Kolloquium, Mittwoch, 19.6., 16:15 -- 17:00, C209

Francisco Castro-Jiménez, Univ. Sevilla

Nach Rücksprache mit dem Vortragenden wurde der Vortrag nun für ein
breiteres Publikum ohne spezielle Vorkenntnisse angelegt.

Title: Hypergeometric systems of linear partial differential equations

Abstract: These are systems of linear partial differential equations in
several variables, introduced by
Gelfand-Graev-Kapranov-Zelevisky and others at the end of the 80's to
study a general theory
for hypergeometric functions. A Hypergeometric System H(A,b) is
associated with a combinatorial data (A,b) where A is an integer matrix
and b is a parameter complex vector.

It is proven that for any H(A,b) its space of holomorphic solutions has
finite dimension (although depending in general on the parameter b).
These holomorphic solutions can be described by using the so called
Gamma series (generalizing the Gauss hypergeometric series). When the
system H(A,b) is irregular its divergent solutions can also be described
in a similar way.

We will present the basics of the theory, that I hope will be accessible
to a broad public) and at the end of the talk I will state recent
results in the subject.

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Martina Fellner

--