[Vortraege] Nachtrag, Vortragsank. KW. 50

Danijela Radosavljevic Danijela.Radosavljevic at univie.ac.at
Tue Dec 11 09:34:32 CET 2012

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei ein Nachtrag der Vortragsankündigungen für diese Woche.

*Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012, von 15:00 Uhr bis 15:45 Uhr, *

*Seminarraum C 209, UZA 4*

*Lectures for Everybody *

*Stefan Haller: "The Atiyah-Singer Index Theorem and applications II --
for everybody."
*

*
*

Abstract. This will be a continuation of last week's talk but is
intended to be reasonably self contained.
We will start by recalling the Atiyah-Singer index formula and the
significance of its parts. After presenting another classical application,
we will discuss a more recent proof which is based on the McKean-Singer
formula for the heat trace and Getzler's scaling technique.
In this approach the integrand appearing in the index formula arises
from the asymptotic expansion of the heat kernel.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Danijela Radosavljevic

**