[Vortraege] Vortragsankündigungen (KW42)

Danijela Radosavljevic Danijela.Radosavljevic at univie.ac.at
Fri Oct 15 14:24:57 CEST 2010

  Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei die Vortragsankündigungen für die kommende Woche.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Danijela Radosavljevic

Sekretariat
Institut für Mathematik
Universität Wien
Nordbergstr. 15, UZA 4
Tel: 43 1 4277 50629
Fax: 43 1 4277 9506

Vorträge

Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2010, ab 15:00 Uhr, Seminarr. Olga Taussky-Todd (C
209), UZA 4
Mathematisches Kolloquium – Einladung zu einem Vortrag im Rahmen der
Habilitation von
Dr. Mathias Beiglböck: „Measure Theory, Topology, Combinatorics and
Applications“

Abstract: Since I have started to study, I am equally attracted by
discrete and continuous mathematics, without being able to decide which
one to favor. Luckily touching points are widespread and there seem to
be plenty of problems in either of the two parts that can benefit from a
reinterpretation in the other. I will try to support this point of view
with examples from ergodic theory, optimal transport and stochastic
analysis.

Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler, O. Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Walter
Schachermayer

(16:00 Uhr bis 16:15 Uhr: K & K im Common Room)

Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2010, ab 16:15 Uhr, Seminarr. Olga Taussky-Todd (C
209), UZA 4
Mathematisches Kolloquium – Einladung zu einem Vortrag im Rahmen der
Habilitation von
Dr. Armin Rainer: „Quasianalytic peturbation theory and the convenient
setting for Denjoy-Carleman classes“

Abstract: I will give a ridiculously brief introduction to mathematical
logic and set theory, a very sketchy overview of the method of forcing,
and I will mention some recent developments in forcing. The talk (or at
least the first half) should be accessible to a general mathematical
audience.

Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler, V.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Herwig Hauser

Montag, 18. Oktober 2010, von 17:00 Uhr bis 18:30 Uhr, Seminarraum C 209
Vortrag im Rahmen des Seminars Finanzmathematik
Eberhard Mayerhofer: “A characterization of non-central Wishart
distributions”

Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2010, ab 12:00 Uhr, Seminarraum D 103, UZA 4
Complex Analysis Seminar:
Dr. Robert Juhlin: “Parametrization of the local automorphism group of a
1-nonminimal hypersurface”
Link:
http://plone.mat.univie.ac.at/research/groups/scv/abstracts10F/10-19-10/

Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2010, ab 9:30 Uhr bis Freitag, 22. Oktober 2010,
ab 9:30 Uhr, ESI Boltzmann Lecture Hall, Boltzmanngasse 9, 1090 Wien
ESI
SCHOOL on “Higher Structures in Mathematics and Physics”
organized by A. Alekseev, H. Bursztyn, M. Podkopaeva, T. Strobl
Link: http://www.esi.ac.at/activities/lectures.html

Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2010, ab 16:00, ESI Boltzmann Lecture Hall,
Boltzmanngasse 9, 1090 Wien
ESI Seminar
Prof. Thomas Schaefer: “Nearly Perfect Fluidity in Cold Atomic Fermi Gases”
organized by A. Alekseev, H. Bursztyn, M. Podkopaeva, T. Strobl
Link: http://www.esi.ac.at/activities/lectures.html

Donnerstag, 21. Oktober, von 12:00 Uhr bis 13:00 Uhr, Seminarraum D 103
Algebra Kolloquium
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Christian Krattenthaler: „Computation of the connective
constant of the honeycomb lattice (after Hugo Duminil-Copin and
Stanislav Smirnov)“
Link: http://plone.mat.univie.ac.at/vortrage/ak