[Vortraege] Vortragsankündigungen der komm. Woche (KW11)

Dekanat für Mathematik dekanat.mathematik at univie.ac.at
Fri Mar 6 13:35:52 CET 2009

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei die Vortragsankündigungen für die nächste Woche, im Anhang finden
Sie den Text auch als PDF Datei.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Margit Honkisz

Mittwoch, 11. März, 16:15 Uhr bis 17:00 Uhr, C 209, UZA 4
(Kaffejause:  15:45 Uhr bis 16:15 Uhr im Common Room)
Mathematisches Kolloquium
Prof. Dr. Alexander Komech (Universität Wien, Fakultät für Mathematik)
„On Global Attraction to Quantum Stationary States “
We consider the Klein-Gordon equation coupled to U(1)-invariant
nonlinear oscillators. The solitary waves of thecoupled nonlinear system
form two-dimensional submanifold in the Hilbert phase space of finite
energy solutions. Our main results read as follows:
Theorem Let all the oscillators are strictly nonlinear.  Then all finite
energy solutions converge, in the long time limit, to the solitary
manifold in the local energy seminorms.
The results are obtained
       i) for 1D Klein-Gordon equation coupled to one oscillator [1,2,3];
      ii) for 1D Klein-Gordon equation coupled to finite number of
oscillators [4];
     iii) for nD Klein-Gordon equation  coupled to one oscillator via
mean field interaction [5].
The proofs rely on the study of energy radiation to infinity using the
techniques of the oscillatory integrals, the theory of the
quasimeasures, and the nonlinear mechanism of the energy transfer from
low to high  frequencies which is controlled by the Titchmarsh
Convolution Theorem.
The investigation is inspired by Bohr's postulates on transitions to
quantum stationary states.