[Vortraege] Vortragsankündigungen der komm. Woche (KW10)

Dekanat für Mathematik dekanat.mathematik at univie.ac.at
Fri Feb 27 13:18:55 CET 2009

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei die Vortragsankündigungen für die nächste Woche, im Anhang finden
Sie den Text auch als PDF Datei.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Margit Honkisz

Mittwoch, 4. März, 16:15 Uhr bis 17:00 Uhr, C 209, UZA 4
(Kaffejause:  15:45 Uhr bis 16:15 Uhr im Common Room)
Mathematisches Kolloquium
Prof. Dr. Dirk Kreimer (I.H.E.S., Paris, and Boston University)
„Numbers and the physical law: Hopf algebras, periods and infinities“
We review mathematical aspects of renormalizable quantum field theories.
Apart from their celebrated success in comparison with experiment, there
has been much progress recently in understanding their mathematical
structure.  We focus on the appearance of Hopf algebras and the role of
periods in this context.

(Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler, Vizedekan Univ.-Prof. Dr.
Christian Krattenthaler)

Montag, 2. März, ab 10:00 Uhr bis Freitag, 13. März, ESI Boltzmann
Lecture Hall, Boltzmanngasse 9, 1090 Wien
ESI instructional workshop
„Number Theory and Physics“
Organized by A. Carey, H. Grosse, D. Kreimer, S. Paycha, S. Rosenberg,
N. Yui
Monday, March 2nd, 2009
10:00 Morning coffee and welcome
11:30 D. Manchon “Connected Hopf algebras and renormalization” I
14:30 F. Brown “Periods, polylogarithms and Feynman Integrals” I
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009
10:00 D. Manchon “Connected Hopf algebras and renormalization” II
11:30 F. Brown “Periods, polylogarithms and Feynman Integrals” II
14:30 K. Yeats “Dyson-Schwinger equations” I
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009
10:00 F. Brown “Periods, polylogarithms and Feynman Integrals” III
11:30 K. Yeats “Dyson-Schwinger equations” II
14:30 D. Manchon “Connected Hopf algebras and renormalization” III
Thursday, March 5th, 2009
10:00 S. Paycha “Renormalised multiple sums and integrals with constraints:
application to multiple zeta values and Feynman type integrals” I
11:30 S. Ramdorai “Introduction to motives” I
14:30 S. Ramdorai “Introduction to motives” II
Friday, March 6th, 2009
10:00 S. Ramdorai “Introduction to motives” III
11:30 F. Brown “Periods, polylogarithms and Feynman Integrals” IV
14:30 S. Ramdorai “Introduction to motives” IV
Monday, March 9th, 2009
10:00 K. Yeats “Dyson-Schwinger equations” III
11:30 D. Manchon “Connected Hopf algebras and renormalization” IV
14:30 S. Paycha “Renormalised multiple sums and integrals with constraints:
application to multiple zeta values and Feynman type integrals” I
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009
10:00 S. Paycha “Renormalised multiple sums and integrals with constraints:
application to multiple zeta values and Feynman type integrals”III
11:30 K. Yeats “Dyson-Schwinger equations” IV
14:30 M. Laca “Equilibrium and Symmetries from Number Theory” I
Wednesday, March 11th, 2009
10:00 A. Carey tba
11:30 S. Paycha “Renormalised multiple sums and integrals with constraints:
application to multiple zeta values and Feynman type integrals”IV
14:30 M. Laca “Equilibrium and Symmetries from Number Theory” II
Thursday, March 12th, 2009
10:00 A. Carey tba
11:30 M. Laca “Equilibrium and Symmetries from Number Theory” III
14:30 S. Rosenberg “Index Theorems in Riemannian and Noncommutative
Geometry” I
Friday, March 13th, 2009
10:00 S. Rosenberg “Index Theorems in Riemannian and Noncommutative
Geometry” II
11:30 M. Laca “Equilibrium and Symmetries from Number Theory” I

Freitag, 6. März, 10:00 Uhr, Seminarraum C 714 (WPI Seminarraum)
WK seminar
Tiina Roose (University of Oxford)
„Modelling Cancer Tissue Mechanics“
Thematic program: Motility: from the molecular to the population scale
(2008)

Freitag, 6. März, 12:00 Uhr (s.t.!), TU Wien, Institut für Diskrete
Mathematik und Geometrie, Turm A, 5. Stock, kleiner Seminarraum 104,
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10, 1040 Wien
WAS Wiener Algebra Seminar
Toby Kenney (Cambridge)
„Graphical Algebras - A new approach to Congruence Lattices“
In 1970, H. Werner gave a characterisation of which sublattices of a
partition lattice were actually the congruences of an algebra on the
underlying set. In his classification, he gave a new operation on
partition lattices, called graphical composition of relations. We
consider the question of which lattices with a notion of graphical
composition can be represented as congruence lattices, with graphical
composition of relations as in Werner.