[Vortraege] Vortragsankündigung der komm. Woche (KW15)

Dekanat für Mathematik dekanat.mathematik at univie.ac.at
Fri Apr 3 12:46:44 CEST 2009

Sehr geehrte Fakultätsmitglieder,

anbei eine Vortragsankündigung für die nächste Woche, im Anhang finden
Sie den Text auch als PDF Datei.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Margit Honkisz

Mittwoch, 8. April, 16:15 Uhr bis 17:00 Uhr, C 209, UZA 4
(Kaffeejause:  15:45 Uhr bis 16:15 Uhr im Common Room)
Mathematisches Kolloquium
Prof. Dr. Victor Nistor (Penn State University)
„Geometric analysis and the singularities of Schrödinger operator
eigenfunctions “
I will begin by reviewing some general facts about Schrödinger operators
and the numerical methods for approximating their eigenfunctions. Then I
will present some new regularity results for Schrödinger operators with
periodic potentials in three dimensions. These results are applied to
obtain optimal numerical methods for the approximation of the
eigenfunctions and the eigenvalues of these operators. The method is
based on similarities between the analysis of Schrödinger operators and
that of Laplace operators on manifolds with conical singularities. This
is a joint work with E. Hunsicker and J. Sofo.

(Dekan Univ.-Prof. Dr. Harald Rindler, ao. Univ.-Prof. MMag. Dr. Michael
Kunzinger)