[VCEE Seminar] VCEE seminar 12.03.2021 online

Mon Mar 1 10:55:33 CET 2021

Dear members and friends of the VCEE,

You are invited to attend the VCEE seminar on Friday, March 12, 2021, from 10:00 to 11:30 hrs Vienna time.

We will have one speaker: Stefan Penczynski (U East Anglia)

This seminar will be held online via Zoom.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88243069732?pwd=bnVSa2h4VlhPbmdONjF5WlVoVmRsZz09

I invite you stay on after the talk to discuss the presented paper with Stefan Penczynski.

You'll need to install Zoom in order to join the seminar.

If you don't have Zoom already, you can simply click right now on the link above; you'll then be prompted to install it.
If you already have Zoom you can also use the following information:
Meeting ID: 882 4306 9732
Passcode: 5Xi5JS
If you need help, feel free to contact Philipp (philipp.kuelpmann at univie.ac.at<mailto:philipp.kuelpmann at univie.ac.at>).

The schedule is:
- 9:40: the waiting room opens
- 9:55: we let everyone into the seminar room
- 10:00--11:00: Presentation
- Afterwards open discussion with everyone

Here is more information about the talk:

Title: Compound games, focal points, and the framing of collective and individual interests

Abstract: This study introduces the concept of "compound games" and investigates whether the decomposition of a game -- when implemented -- influences behaviour. For example, we investigate whether separating battle of the sexes games into a pure coordination component and the remaining battle of the sexes component changes coordination success. The literature attributes high coordination rates in pure coordination games with focal points to team reasoning and low coordination rates in related battle of the sexes games to level-k reasoning. We find that coordination success in compound games depends on the decomposition and order of component games.
Best regards,
Wieland Müller