[VCEE Seminar] VCEE seminar 18.10.2019

Mon Oct 14 15:19:00 CEST 2019

Dear all,

You are cordially invited to attend the VCEE seminar on Friday, Oct 18  from
10:00-12:00 (SR 1, Ground floor). We have two speakers: Jens Noll (Fehr
Advice&Partner AG)

and Ferdinand von Siemens  (U Frankfurt)

10:00-11:00 Jens Noll  (Fehr Advice&Partner AG)
Behavioral Economics applied: From research to Behavioral Design

With ongoing transformative processes in an increasingly digitized and
globalized environments, patterns of consumer behavior, production processes
and citizen involvement are changing rapidly. FehrAdvice & Partners supports
companies, organizations and policy makers in addressing these challenges:
Based on evidence-based drivers of human behavior, our Behavioral Design
approach and adjacently developed methods make the power of experimental
evidence accessible to our clients and partners. For the continuous
development of these methods, maintaining an ongoing dialogue with our
scientific network is crucial. The session with the VCEE will therefore
contain a brief overview of current issues we are facing with our clients,
provide an overview of the developed toolset and delve into selected cases
how behavioral economics and experimental methods are applied in business
and policy-making contexts.

If you are interested in meeting Jens Noll  after the seminar (meeting slots
of 30' , room no 05.641 (Schlag) please register via this doodle-link:

https://doodle.com/poll/36m78f9weibwvzdp

11:00-12:00 Ferdinand von Siemens  (U Frankfurt)
Titel: Knowledge Hierarchies and the Efficient Division of Labor: Evidence
from a Laboratory Experiment

(joint work with Victor Klockmann and Alicia von Schenk)

Abstract: Based on a simple model of knowledge hierarchies, we investigate
organizations in which members decide what knowledge to acquire, and whether
to work on their own problems or to help others. A steep hierarchy is more
efficient than a flat hierarchy, if more diverse knowledge is needed to
solve many problems. But the steep hierarchy also requires more division of
labor, and the resulting coordination problems might delay or prevent the
adoption of the efficient organizational form. We explore these theoretical
findings in a laboratory experiment.

If you are interested in meeting Ferdinand von Siemens  after the seminar
(meeting slots of 30' , room no 05.644 (Zulehner) please register via this
doodle-link:

https://doodle.com/poll/cy9afhht7cgmm33p

Best regards,

Gabriele Prochaska