[PLing] Reading group on MacFarlane's Word and Plan

Andrea Raimondi andrea.raimondi at univie.ac.at
Wed Sep 30 17:44:15 CEST 2026


Dear all,

Prof. Max Kölbel and I (Department of Philosophy) are organising a 
reading group on John MacFarlane’s book “Word and Plan”. We will meet on 
Thursdays from 11:15 AM to 12:45 PM (with one exception later in the 
term, when we will start at 11:30 AM). We plan to have no more than 
seven meetings.

We will start next week, with a discussion of the first chapter, 
“Vagueness and Communication”. Our first meeting will take place at 
11:15 AM on Thursday, 08.10, in Lecture Hall 3F (NIG).

I would appreciate it if anyone interested could let me know, so that I 
can send you the book and add you to the reading group’s mailing list. I 
will use the mailing list to keep you updated about the meetings, 
readings, and locations.

Best,

Andrea Raimondi



More information about the PLing mailing list