[PLing] Starting this semester: Vienna Linguistics Colloquium

Magdalena Lohninger magdalena.lohninger at univie.ac.at
Fri Feb 23 06:12:42 CET 2024

Dear everyone,

this spring, we are starting the *Vienna Linguistics Colloquium* that
will feature four wonderful speakers spread over the semester:

25.04., 11.30: *Flóra Donáti* (Hungarian Research Centre for Linguistics)

03.05., 16.00: *András Bárány* (Universität Bielefeld)

12.06., 16.45: *Nina Haslinger *(Georg-August-Universität Göttingen)

21.06., 16.00: *Jonathan Bobaljik* (Harvard University)

(An ics. file is attached so you can already add the dates to your calender)

The colloquium is intended to not only consist of the invited talk, but
we also encourage students at all levels of their studies to meet with
the speakers and discuss their own work. These kind of colloquia very
common across many other european (and non-european) linguistics
departments and offer a great opportunity for students to get in touch
with researchers outside of their own department. Shortly before the
talks, together with the abstract and title, we will therefore also send
out a calendar where people can sign up for meetings.

We’re looking forward to everyone who’s joining!

Best,
Iva Kovač, Valerie Wurm & Magdalena Lohninger