[PLing] Announcing the 14th annual BCCCD in Budapest, Hungary, January 4-6, 2024

Magdalena Maria Roszkowski Roszkowski_Magdalena at phd.ceu.edu
Tue Mar 28 10:22:24 CEST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

The Cognitive Development Center at CEU is pleased to announce the 14th annual BCCCD meeting<https://www.bcccd.org/> in Budapest, Hungary (January 4-6, 2024).

INVITED SPEAKERS

Sandra Waxman<https://psychology.northwestern.edu/people/faculty/core/profiles/sandra-waxman.html> (Northwestern University)

Martin Giurfa<https://cbi-toulouse.fr/eng/equipe-giurfa-devaud> (Centre de Biologie Intégrative, Toulouse)

Victoria Southgate<https://psychology.ku.dk/staff/academic_staff/?pure=en/persons/520019> (University of Copenhagen)

Alongside our invited program, we welcome symposium, talk, and poster submissions reporting studies from all fields of cognitive development. Previous BCCCD meetings featured a wide range of topics, such as communication, pragmatics, social cognition, conceptual development, language acquisition, numeracy, object cognition, perceptual learning, inductive learning, memory, executive function, metacognition, cognitive bases of culture, and comparative cognition.

This year we have unified the reviewing process and will have a single deadline for all symposium, talk, and poster submissions. Authors can elect to have talk submissions considered for posters as well. You can find the timeline of the submission and review process below or at this link: https://bcccd.org/timeline.htm

We also welcome proposals for half-day pre-conference workshops or tutorials relevant to the BCCCD audience.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission opens: June 20, 2023

Submission deadline: September 3, 2023

Pre-conference workshop submission deadline: October 1, 2023

Notification of decision*: October 31, 2023

Registration opens: November 1, 2023

*For authors who require visa to attend we can provide a letter to support your visa application shortly after the submission deadline.

We expect to hold BCCCD24 entirely in-person in Budapest. While we will provide live-streams and recordings of talks and an online repository for posters that will be accessible to registered attendees, we are not planning any online discussion space or interaction next year. Of course, if there is a drastic change in global health conditions in the months leading up to the conference, we have contingency plans to transition to an online format, and we will keep you appraised of any developments as they occur.

While CEU has relocated much of its operations to Vienna, we would like to reassure all prospective participants that we are committed to maintaining the tradition of the Budapest campus of CEU as the site of BCCCD meetings in 2024 and for the forseeable future. We hope to see you there!

Jonathan F. Kominsky and Magdalena Roszkowski
BCCCD24 Conference chairs