[PLing] HNM2 -- Workshop on Gaps and Imprecision in Natural Language Semantics, July 19-20

Nina Haslinger nina.haslinger at uni-goettingen.de
Mon Jul 10 10:33:02 CEST 2023

Dear all,

We would like to draw your attention to the workshop „HNM2: Gaps and imprecision in natural language semantics — Homogeneity effects and beyond“, which will take place in Vienna next week. The workshop is organized with the help of the University of Göttingen and funded by The Van Riemsdijk Foundation.

The workshop aims at bringing together semanticists and psycholinguists who are interested in imprecision phenomena in plural semantics and beyond, as well as homogeneity effects and related truth-value gap phenomena. It will feature 40-minute talks as well as 20-minute „squib presentations“.

Dates: July 19-20

Venue: Seminarraum 3, Sensengasse 3a, 1090 Wien

Invited speakers: Stephanie Solt and [Jacopo Romoli and Yasu Sudo]

Preliminary program: see https://hnm2-workshop.netlify.app/program/

Registration: If you are interested in attending, please register at https://hnm2-workshop.netlify.app/registration/ — registration is free, but obligatory.

Online option: It will also be possible to follow the event on Zoom. We will send out the Zoom link to registered participants 2 days in advance.

Social program: Detailed information for the registered participants will follow, but we are planning to have
	- a small reception with pizza and beer at the department on the 19th
	- and a dinner at Schutzhaus Zukunft (Auf der Schmelz) on the 20th.
If you are interested in participating in either of these events, please register so that we know how many people to expect!

We hope to see many of you there!

Best,
Keny Chatain and Nina Haslinger