[PLing] Invitation to the Multiplier Event "Fit for the job market? Teaching transferable skills to future language experts”, Graz, 5 July, 2022

Marko Simonovic rkicma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:27:57 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues, dear university lecturers in language-related disciplines,

We would like to invite you to attend the second multiplier event of the
UPSKILLS Erasmus+ project, entitled: "*Fit for the job market? Teaching
transferable skills to future language experts*.” The event will take place
in Graz with a possibility of online participation on *Tuesday* *5 July,
2022*.

UPSKILLS is an Erasmus+ strategic partnership for higher education that
seeks to identify and tackle gaps and mismatches in skills for linguistics
and language students through the development of a new curriculum component
and supporting materials to be embedded in existing programmes of study.
During this one-day event, we will share our best practices and guidelines
for the collection and creation of learning content targeting transferable
skills to be used in language-related higher-education courses, while
showcasing some of the content we will be launching as part of the UPSKILLS
project.

*Registration:*
Participation is free of charge but registration is required.

Please register here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdrZlJa887-HxfG2-nADR9I3VG4lc0PX-5xnnJZmjt7h-Un1A/viewform?usp=pp_url>
for
on-site participation or here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeH7h8JuX3AjhApcAloU3ii3etJ7Rkq4l1zckqEXwFRY19gsA/viewform>
for
online participation. Those who register online will receive a Webex link
closer to the event.

All interested parties are welcome, but we would particularly encourage
university lecturers in language-related areas to attend, to find out about
the UPSKILLS materials and pedagogical approach.

For the full programme see:
https://upskillsproject.eu/events/2nd-multiplier-event/

For more information, contact Marko Simonovic (marko.simonovic at uni-graz.at)