[PLing] final version, sorry

Kriszta Eszter Szendroi kriszta.eszter.szendroei at univie.ac.at
Fri Dec 16 11:49:21 CET 2022

Dear PLING Colleagues,

I changed the time to try to accommodate someone. This is the final
version! Sorry..

Could you please send out the following:

I am happy to announce that Dr Alexandra Simonenko from the University
of Gent will visit our Department. She will give a talk at 4:30pm
(precise time) on Thursday, 26 January 2023 entitled "Syntactic changes
tracking a morphological and semantic reanalyses" in Hörsaal 1,
Sensengasse 3a, 1090, Wien.

The talk is concerned with the changes in historical French syntax which
can be argued to correlate with 1) the disappearance of case marking and
2) the disappearance of proximal/distal distinction in demonstratives.
She currently holds an ERC starting grant called CAUSALITY on “Modeling
causes of language change and conservatism” working on Germanic
languages. You can find out more about her work here:
https://research.flw.ugent.be/en/alexandra.simonenko

Best wishes,

Kriszta