[PLing] Mueller, "Sentence memory, prediction and production" (12. 1., 18.30h)

Laura Grestenberger laura.grestenberger at univie.ac.at
Mon Jan 11 18:00:41 CET 2021

Liebe PLing-Mitglieder,

(sorry for crossposting!)

Interessierte sind herzlich zum Online-Vortrag von Jutta L. Mueller
(Universität Wien, Institut für Sprachwissenschaft) mit dem Titel
"Sentence memory, prediction and production" eingeladen, der morgen (12.
1.) im Rahmen der Wiener Sprachgesellschaft stattfindet.

Abstract:

Language and memory are deeply intertwined as has long been acknowledged
both in theory and experimental work across both research areas. Broad,
integrative accounts that fully account for the interface mechanisms are
rare, though. I will present a set of EEG and fMRI studies that were
aimed at specifying the neural underpinnings of the interface between
language processing and memory. As a test case we used sentence
processing, which feeds into memory mechanisms by making them more
efficient via the so-called sentence superiority effect, and, at the
same time, directly benefits from memory mechanisms by employing
predictions at different linguistic levels. I will argue that both
memory and language research will move forward by explicitly integrating
those contributions into their models.

Link zum Raum:
https://moodle.univie.ac.at/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/guestlink.php?gid=zwxNMRimbf3g,
Zugangscode: 534703.