[PLing] Call for papers FILLM
izabela.jordanoska at univie.ac.at
Thu Oct 17 15:43:05 CEST 2019
The Federation Internationale des Langues et Litteratures Modernes (FILLM),
a UNESCO affiliate in charge of promoting languages, literatures, and
cultures organizes an International Congress everythree years. The next
FILLM Congress, the 28th in the series, will beheld at the University of
Vienna, Austria from *26 July to 29 July, 2020 *
under the theme of Linguistic, Literary, and Cultural Diversity in a Global
Papers and panels are also invited on the following five sub-themes:
1. Multilingualism and linguistic plurality in local and global
2. New genres of literature in the era of social media and new
3. Cultural diversity in film
4. Linguistic and literary studies in diaspora and migrant communities
5. German language and literature in global perspectives
In order to propose an individual paper for the Congress, please submit a
300-word abstract here:
To allow speakers sufficient time to acquire the necessary funding, the
congress organizers will assess the abstracts as they come in.
The final deadline for submitting abstracts is *31 December, 2019*.
The topic of a proposed panel should fall within the broad theme of
diversity and consist of four to five speakers. Each panel proposal should
appoint one main organizer who is responsible for compiling the proposal
and communication with the congress organizers. Apart from that, it is up
to the panel organizer(s) to decide on the format (roundtable, normal
individual paper presentation, etc.). Panel proposals should be submitted
as an email attachment to fillm2020 at univie.ac.at
<http://fillm2020univie.ac.at> by *31 December 2019*.
Your panel proposal should include the following:
- title for the panel
- 300-word abstract describing the topic
- brief description of the format (e.g. roundtable)
- title and brief descriptions of each panel participants' contribution
- contact and affiliation details for the main panel organizer
- contact and affiliation details for each of the panel participants
For further information, please visit
Hope to see you there!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PLing