[PLing] Metasemantics reading group, Summer semester

Dan Cristian Zeman dan.zeman at univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 12 13:14:14 CET 2019

Dear all,

This is to announce that the Metasemantics reading group (organized last
semester by Prof. Max Kölbel, Dr. Dirk Kindermann and myself) will
continue in the Summer semester. We will read papers from the collection
"The Science of Meaning", edited by Derek Ball and Brian Rabern (link to
the table of contents here:
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-science-of-meaning-9780198739548?cc=at&lang=en&#),
as well as other papers that we might agree on later.

Those who would like to participate, please take the following poll to
establish a day/time for the meeting:
https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/a836fhqo/. The poll is for the week
February 25 - March 1, but it represents the choices for the entire
semester. Each meeting is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Please write your full
name in the relevant box, so that to avoid confusion. Important: please
fill in the poll by FEBRUARY 20 (if you need more time, do write me an
email). We aim to start the reading group in the week beginning with
February 25.

In order to ensure a smooth process, besides reading the assigned text
and willingness to discuss it, the participants should
- Commit to be present at (at least) 3/4 of the sessions. This will help
with obtaining a critical mass of participants to each session, as well
as with continuity.
- Announce in advance if they won't be able to make it to a certain
session (in case they know it, of course) - for example, by contacting
me at the email address dan.zeman at univie.ac.at. This will help save
time.

I hope to see many of you in the reading group! Feel free to write me
with further questions.

Best,

--
Dan Cristian Zeman, PhD