[PLing] New book: Linguistic ethnography of a multilingual call center

Woydack, Johanna johanna.woydack at wu.ac.at
Mon Nov 5 14:58:36 CET 2018

Dear colleagues (with apologies for cross-posting),

I am very pleased to inform you that my book - Linguistic ethnography of a multilingual call center: London calling - has just been published by Palgrave Macmillan, details here:

https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783319933221

It is an analysis of the textual trajectory of the calling script in a multilingual call center, drawing on four years of ethnographic work, which provides new perspectives on how to study the role of texts in workplaces/institutions and call centers as workplaces. I am attaching a flyer with a time-limited discount code for anyone who might be interested in purchasing it.

All the best,
Johanna

Dr Johanna Woydack
Assistant Professor
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)