[PLing] Message for list memebers

Isabella Jordanoska i.jordanoska at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 11:07:28 CET 2018

Hi,

I would like to put an invitation for the following talk on PLing:

Title: Q-Particles in Alternative Questions

Speaker: Erlinde Meertens (University of Konstanz)

Time and date: Monday 19.03.2018 18:00, Seminarraum 2

Abstract: In languages like Turkish and Sinhala alternative questions are
formed by attaching a particular morpheme — called 'Q(uestion)-particle' —
to each of the disjuncts. This talk is concerned with the semantic
contribution of these Q-particles in plain polar questions. I argue they
are focus markers and show how their presence in each disjunct in
alternative questions determines alternative question meaning.

Thank you and best wishes,

Izabela Jordanoska