[PLing] Fwd: [aedean] IWODA 18 Update
r.wodak at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 14:08:31 CEST 2018
Begin forwarded message:
From: Isabel Moskowich-Spiegel Fandiño <imoskowich at udc.es<mailto:imoskowich at udc.es>>
Date: 30. April 2018 at 12:02:25 CEST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;
Subject: Fwd: [aedean] IWODA 18 Update
We would appreciate if you could circulate this updated CFP for our next IWODA.
SdC IWoDA 2018
Fifth International Workshop on Discourse Analysis
Santiago de Compostela, September 26th-27th, 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
IWoDA is an international workshop jointly organised by the SCIMITAR team (www.scimitar.es<http://www.scimitar.es/>) based at the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain) and the MuStE research group (www.udc.es/grupos/muste<http://www.udc.es/grupos/muste>) at the University of A Coruña (Spain). The aim of IWoDA is to promote multidisciplinary research on the analysis of discourse, pondering and exploring the multifaceted properties of English-language texts/discourse from different perspectives (quantitative, qualitative, linguistic, cognitive, psycholinguistic, contrastive, sociolinguistic, critical, literary, cultural, filmic, semiotic, etc.).
The topic for this year’s edition is "Constructing and deconstructing discourse in English: Key features, challenges and innovations". The following keynote speakers will be at IWoDA'18:
* Marcus Callies (University of Bremen)
* Liesbeth Degand (UCLouvain<https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjCrZK0zdnYAhUEa1AKHWngDOUQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fuclouvain.be%2Fliesbeth.degand&usg=AOvVaw3t776lz998hKSpXo_S0uIH>)
* Pascual Pérez-Paredes (Cambridge University)
* Paul Rayson (Lancaster University)
We invite submission of abstracts for papers on any topics relating to the analysis of discourse in English (as well as in contrast with other languages) from diverse frameworks:
* TOPIC 1. Constructions, discourse markers and discourse relations
* TOPIC 2. Corpus-based Discourse Analysis
* TOPIC 3. Variation and multidimensional analysis of (specialized) language(s)
* TOPIC 4. Learner language and Computer Assisted Language Learning
Submission of abstracts: May 31st, 2018
Notification of acceptance: June 18th, 2018
To submit your abstract access https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwoda18.
Contact: congreso.iwoda at usc.es<mailto:congreso.iwoda at usc.es>
For further information please see attached file or visit http://www.iwoda.es/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PLing