[PLing] WKAP: Katharina Felka on SLURS AS ASIDES, Thursday 12/4/2018, 16–18h (s.t.), 3A NIG

Max Kölbel max.koelbel at univie.ac.at
Wed Apr 4 11:36:06 CEST 2018

https://wkap.phl.univie.ac.at/programm-201718/katharina-felka/ <https://wkap.phl.univie.ac.at/programm-201718/katharina-felka/>

Liebe KollegInnen und Interessierte:
Dear colleagues and interested individuals:

Diesen Donnerstag, 12.4.2018, 16 s.t.–18h, Raum 3A im NIG, die fünfte Sitzung des Wiener Kolloquium Analytische Philosophie:
This Thursday, 12/4/2018, 16–18h, room 3A in NIG, fifth session of the Vienna Colloquium in Analytic Philosophy:

Katharina Felka (Zürich/Uppsala/Graz)

Slurs as asides

Abstract: In this talk I develop a variant of a conventional implicature view, which combines Bach’s thesis that the derogative contribution of a slur is comparable to the contribution of a side remark with Pott’s analysis of side remarks. In doing so, I firstly point out the difficulties for (genuinely) semantic and pragmatic views about slurs. Secondly, I develop a conventional implicature view and show how this view can avoid the difficulties. Finally, I defend the developed view against objections raised in the literature.

As always, the speaker will be taken to dinner after the talk in the Restaurant “Rebhuhn”. As usual, those wishing to join are asked to let us know in advance, so that we can make arrangements. Please email Sandrine Klot (alexandra.klot at univie.ac.at <mailto:alexandra.klot at univie.ac.at>) by Wednesday 11th in the morning.

Die nächsten Vorträge:
Upcoming talks:

MARIAN DAVID (Graz)						Do, 26.04.2018, 16-18h

ANGELIKA KRATZER (Massachusetts)			Do, 17.05.2018, 16-18h

Wiener Kolloquium Analytische Philosophie
Alle Details unter: https://wkap.phl.univie.ac.at/ <https://wkap.phl.univie.ac.at/>

Max Kölbel

Institut für Philosophie
Universität Wien