[PLing] Announcing Volume 25 of VIEWS: Vienna English Working Papers

Views Anglistik views.anglistik at univie.ac.at
Fri Mar 3 13:12:36 CET 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We are happy to announce that volume 25 of VIEWS: Vienna English Working
Papers is online and free to download
(https://anglistik.univie.ac.at/research/views/current-volume/). This
issue contains articles on a range of topics from sociolinguistics and
ELT (see below).

Soukup, Barbara: "English in the linguistic landscape of Vienna, Austria
(ELLViA): Outline, rationale, and methodology of a large-scale empirical
project on language choice on public signs from the perspective of
sign-readers"

Berger, Armin "Rating scales for assessing academic speaking: A
data-based definition of progression"

Thir, Veronika "Rethinking pronunciation teaching in teacher education
from an ELF perspective"

VIEWS is a free, online journal published by the linguists of the
English Department at the University of Vienna. For more information
please visit our web-page:
http://anglistik.univie.ac.at/research/views/. Should you be interested
in contributing, we invite you to consult our editorial policy.

Kind regards,

Elnora ten Wolde & Marlene Schwarz
Co-Editors in Chief
VIEWS - VIenna English Working PaperS