[PLing] Conference information: One Brain - Two Grammars?

Gunther Kaltenböck gunther.kaltenboeck at univie.ac.at
Wed Apr 26 11:06:35 CEST 2017

Dear colleagues,

I would like to inform you of an international workshop I am co-organising: "One Brain – Two Grammars? Examining dualistic approaches to grammar and cognition”, which will take place on 1-3 March 2018 at the University of Rostock.

The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers from different research fields to discuss evidence for and against dualistic approaches to linguistic structure, language processing and cognition. We seek to overcome scientific departmentalism and to follow a truly interdisciplinary approach to language structure and grammar modeling, including research findings from linguistics (e.g. grammatical analysis and modeling, pragmatics, conversation analysis), neurolinguistics, psycholinguistics, and (cognitive) psychology. While trying to keep a broad perspective, we particularly invite contributions within a cognitive-functional framework, qualitative and quantitative analyses of natural language data, and experimental research on the (neuro-)cognition of language and language processing. The focus is on English, but contributions focusing on other languages are also welcome.

For more information see the attached Call for Papers.

Best wishes
Gunther Kaltenböck

Department of English
Hof 8, Spitalgasse 2,