[PLing] Fwd: 1st Circular SyWAL2016

John R. Rennison john.rennison at univie.ac.at
Wed Jun 1 08:03:15 CEST 2016

fyi -JR

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	1st Circular SyWAL2016
Date: 	Tue, 31 May 2016 10:29:46 +0000
From: 	Ziegelmeyer Georg <georg.ziegelmeyer at univie.ac.at>
To: 	(recipients removed)

Dear colleagues,

we send you first information about the 2^nd Symposium on West African
Languages (SyWAL2016) which will be hosted by the University of Vienna.

Find attached a list with hotels and hostels, which are all in walking
distance to our venue (Department of African Studies/ University Campus
AAKH; Spitalgasse 2, Hof 5; 1090 Wien). We also inform you that you
should do the reservations by yourselves (links to the hotels and
hostels are also attached). We also provide a list of participants and
their papers. If you have any changes, adaptation of your title,
cancellation, etc., please inform us as soon as possible.

In a second circular which will follow at the beginning of October 2016
we will inform you on how to get to our venue from the airport and
railway station. At that time the programme will also be ready.

Once again for all participants who need a visa: Austria is a member of
the Schengen countries, i.e. if you have a visa for any member of the
Schengen group no separate visa for Austria is required. Note that UK is
not a member of the Schengen countries, i.e. if you fly via UK you will
need a separate transit visa, even if you do not leave the airport.

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna

Norbert Cyffer & Georg Ziegelmeyer

Dr. Georg Ziegelmeyer

Institut für Afrikawissenschaften