[PLing] WG: Dates - job announcement: 11 positions for Doctoral candidates (PhD students) in the field of Multilingualism in Education (m/f)
r.wodak at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 11:34:09 CEST 2016
Von: discourseanalysis.net [mailto:notify at diskursanalyse.net]
Gesendet: Freitag, 05. August 2016 10:39
An: Wodak, Ruth <r.wodak at lancaster.ac.uk>
Betreff: Dates - job announcement: 11 positions for Doctoral candidates (PhD students) in the field of Multilingualism in Education (m/f)
11 positions for Doctoral candidates (PhD students) in the field of Multilingualism in Education (m/f) University of Luxembourg
A group of researchers of the Research Unit “Education, Culture, Cognition and Society” (ECCS) and of the Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing (LUCET) at the University of Luxembourg has obtained a large grant for the interdisciplinary Doctoral Training Unit CALIDIE (Capitalising on Linguistic Diversity in Education). The doctoral programme CALIDIE is funded in the frame of the PRIDE scheme of the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR) and offers 11 positions for Doctoral candidates (PhD students) in the field of Multilingualism in Education (m/f)
- Master's Degree (or equivalent) in Educational Sciences, Linguistics, Psychology, or related disciplines of high quality. It is possible to apply if the respective degree is to be obtained soon (details to be given in the application)
- Good command of written and spoken English and at least one of the other official languages of the UL, French or German. For some projects, all three languages or other languages are required (e.g. Luxembourgish). Please consult the detailed project descriptions for additional information : http://wwwen.uni.lu/recherche/flshase/education_culture_cognition_and_society_eccs/dtu_calidie
PhD Projects and Supervisors
• P1.1: Learners as cultural mediators: Exploring the role and value of children’s multilingual practices for learning (Sociolinguistics, Ethnography, Educational studies), Associate Professor Gabriele Budach (gabriele.budach at uni.lu)
• P1.2: From school to work: Multilingual practices of youth in vocational education and training (VET) (Sociolinguistics, Nexus Analysis, Ethnography, Multimodal approaches to discourse), Associate Professor Ingrid de Saint-Georges (ingrid.desaintgeorges at uni.lu)
• P1.3: Translanguaging for learning: A study of multilingual practices in the primary school (Educational Studies), Associate Professor Claudine Kirsch (claudine.kirsch at uni.lu)
• P1.4: Internationalisation and multilingualism in Higher Education: A focus on natural sciences (Educational Sciences, Applied / Sociolinguistics, Research in Multilingualism in Higher Education), Professor Adelheid Hu (adelheid.hu at uni.lu)
• P2.1: The development of orthographic practices of multilingual pupils throughout schooling (Linguistics, Written language acquisition), Associate Professor Constanze Weth (constanze.weth at uni.lu)
• P2.2: Enhancing children's oral language skills in a multilingual educational setting: A preschool intervention study (Psychology, Educational Sciences, Developmental approach), Associate Professor Pascale Engel de Abreu (pascale.engel at uni.lu)
• P2.3: The use of value-added (VA) scores for the identification of highly effective pedagogical practices for diverse student populations (Psychology, Psychometrics & Educational Measurement), Dr Antoine Fischbach (antoine.fischbach at uni.lu)
• P2.4: Exploring innovative directions in the computer-based assessment (CBA) of language competency (Psychology, Assessment & Psychometrics, Educational Studies), Associate Professor Samuel Greiff (samuel.greiff at uni.lu)
• P3.1: The influence of language profiles on early numerical and (pre-)mathematical learning (Psychology, Cognitive neuroscience approach), Professor Christine Schiltz (christine.schiltz at uni.lu)
• P3.2 The influence of the instruction language on mathematics in a multilingual educational setting (Cognitive psychology, Educational studies), Dr. Sonja Ugen (sonja.ugen at uni.lu)
• P3.3 Interaction between language of instruction and language proficiency in science education (Psychology, Assessment & Psychometrics, Educational Studies), Professor Romain Martin (romain.martin at uni.lu)
Please consult the detailed project descriptions for additional information:
Contact person: Adelheid Hu
email: adelheid.hu at uni.lu
Click link for more information...
http://www.discourseanalysis.net – the multilingual and interdisciplinary research portal of Discourse Studies.
Sign in and go to 'my account', where you can choose the language(s) in which you want to receive information on discourse research related events and activities.
If you want to unsubscribe please send a message to: notify at diskursanalyse.net ................................................
sent by: <>
More information about the PLing