[pca] Download server issues

Nishimura, Scott L (IT Solutions) scott.nishimura at ngc.com
Tue Dec 14 23:10:59 CET 2010

Ying,

   Does it show you as the administrator or someone else?  I have 2 SIDs to choose from:  "A" had a coworker listed as the admin and "B" had me listed as the admin.  I first tried A but it said "pending" so I tried "B" and that worked.

Look in the "Account and Privileges" tab under Settings in the "Administrators" column for a given SID.  Click on "View...":  is your username listed and are you logged in as that username?  Possibly a dumb question but I had to ask.

I talked to the co-worker in question and he had to log in and accept me as another user on the A SID.  I first showed up as a "user" and he did something to "promote" me to an admin.

Since my experience with B was that it automatically made me an admin, I'm guessing that your SID listed someone else as the admin.  That person should get an email stating that you are requesting access to this SID.

You might also try completely logging out and back in just to see if that makes any difference.

Let me guess: the two patches you could download were 119254-78 and 125555-08?  That misled me:  I thought my account setup must be correct if I was able to download 2 patches.  I was wrong.

Scott