[pca] pca working but pca-proxy.cgi not

Martin Paul martin at par.univie.ac.at
Mon Dec 13 19:58:54 CET 2010

amy.rich at tufts.edu schrieb:
> Okay, so I solved the mystery of why pca was working, but pca-proxy.cgi was
> not.  Since I was using pca interactively, I was escaping the @ sign in the
> username on the command line.  The config file for the proxy did not have the
> @ escaped, and I'm guessing that was causing problems.

You do not need to escape the @ sign in a pca configuration file - pca
reads that file directly, there is no shell involved to protect it from.
That's different to the command line, where it's probably easiest to use
e.g. --user='user at domain.org' for proper escaping.

> However now nothing works, and I just get:
>
> 2010-12-13 13:13:57 ERROR 403: Service Error.

It seems as if only a few patches can be downloaded from Oracle's patch
server right now. Try with 119254-78, which works for me. Others, like
136798-03 mentioned in your first message, fail with "403: You are not
entitled ...".

Martin.